Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Fire by Katherine Neville

The Fire: A Novel The Fire: A Novel by Katherine Neville

rating: 3 of 5 stars

Katherine Nevilles' The Eight is one of my all time favourite books so when I was wondering through the library and saw this, the sequel, I was very excited. The Fire has the same format with linked narratives in different times and references to chess, physics, history, symbols and plenty of puzzles to solve but it wasn't up to the same standard as the original. The main characters weren't as interesting and to be honest Neville didn't really draw you in to caring overly about what happened to them. I got hooked about three quarters of the way in but the ending was disappointingly rushed and also a little soppy. Overall an enjoyable read but I'm glad I borrowed it from the library and didn't buy a copy.

Ref: A-Z Challenge

No comments: