Friday, May 15, 2009

District Cross Country and April Roundup

Big Girl was picked to be in her school team for the district cross country held today. We had huge drama this morning with tears and complaints of headache and sore tummy but with a bit of sweet talk I managed to get her ready and at school in her sport uniform. I'm so proud of her, she was obviously quite nervous but she went and ran and finished well. It's good to see the kids persevere when things are scary or difficult. Here she is coming into the finish line.
I've had it in mind to do monthly recap pages for our family albums and I finally got started with April's. I had the main design and photos all in as well as the journaling written but I hadn't decided on what supplies to use but when I found out this weeks theme for SYTYCD was going to be project365 I decided to wait to see what Donna came up with. I wasn't disappointed by her kit In This Moment. Follow the link and pick it up for free. So without further ado, here's the month of April:
Journaling: 3 – First term finished. Ethan put on an encore performance of vomiting in the classroom and had to be picked up early. He made a miraculous recovery and was fine for our tea with the Mohammad’s that night. 4 -A big day out for me at the V Festival, held at the Melbourne showgrounds. Tan, Janine and Jez went as well. Geoff got to stay home with the kids. We saw Elbow, Madness, Snow Patrol and The Killers with a touch of Human League. My pick – Snow Patrol. 6-9 Ethan did swimming lessons, he started doing real freestyle. 9 Completed my final batch of Hot Cross buns in Tan and my relentless search for the perfect Hot Cross Bun recipe. 10 - After going to church at NewHope on Good Friday we drove down to Pt Lonsdale for a huge fish lunch which we followed by a walk around the point. Mum and Dad were down as well as Tan and Jez. 11- Ethan started learning to ride without training wheels had success by Sunday. 12 – Easter Sunday: Easter egg hunt, church, followed by huge lunch, Janine even ventured over to join us from Torquay. 13 – Geoff went back to Melbourne in the evening. 14 /15 Relaxing walks and lots of reading for me. 17 - Horse and cart ride in Queenscliffe followed by a walk on the pier. Haircut for Ethan in the afternoon. Geoff returned for tea. 18 - Clean up and head home after fish and chips tea. 19 – Celebrated Colin and Russell’s birthdays. Hayley had a birthday party and I had Alpha training. 20 – School started back again. Leadership Lift for me @ NewHope. 23 – Dinner with the Year 4 mum’s. 24 – Looked after Tan’s kids. 24-26 – Hayley had Kids Church camp, she had a ball. 25 – Anzac Day, and Alpha kick off. Had about 40 people attending. 26 – Ethan had his first invite to a prep party but it got cancelled due to bad weather. 27 – Hayley’s interhouse cross country … she made the school team, I helped on the day. 28 – Tuckshop duty. 29 – I went along with Sara on an excursion to the Botanical Gardens. 30 – Haircut for me.

Included in this kit are zigzag cardstock. I used them in this layout of The Boy learning to ride without training wheels. Absolutely love the effect of the cardstock and so original.

Finally I made use of the kit for it's intended purpose - a weekly project365 layout. The 7 photo frame cluster made pulling this layout together a cinch.

If you've got all the way down here don't forget to pick up Donna's kit HERE.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great read, Melissa ! Going to see someone special tomorrow, so I'll get to commenting individually on Sunday. This is a great kit - and the zig zag cardstock is GREAT !

Deb.

Stefanie Eskander said...

I loved reading about your month... one day you will be so glad you documented all of the mundane events of your family life! I wish I had done that when my kids were young! TFS!

20Birds said...

really great layouts, i enjoy the month at a time layouts, or week at a time, or in one day,.... they capture the realness of our lives

Audrey said...

gorgeous layouts -- and love seeing how flexible that kit is!

my oldest daughter -- she's a 6th grader -- ran cross-country and track at her middle school this year. She loved it, but boy was it hard work! I was so impressed with all those kids -- running cross-country is TOUGH and it takes a lot of physical and MENTAL endurance to keep going. congrats to your girlie for doing so well!

gabs said...

so glad to see you documenting your life! that's amazing and you will be so happy one time