Saturday, May 16, 2009

Coldplay and Breakfast at Tiffany's

I'm currently downloading the live coldplay album for free (and legally). Not a bad way to start the day and I get something new to listen to for the weekend.


Breakfast at Tiffany's Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

rating: 3 of 5 stars

After quite a few very long recent reads it was a relief to pick up Breakfast at Tiffany's and read it in a few short sessions at school pickups. I must be one of the few people who hasn't seen the film so I came to the book with no idea of what it was about. The writing style was easy to read and he captured the characters wonderfully. Holly is one of those characters that are both endearing and annoying, usually simultaneously, just like real life people. You couldn't help but like her but I was left wanting to know what happens next. An enjoyable read.

Ref: A-Z Reading Challenge, 1% Well-Read Challenge, 1001 Books List

No comments: