Friday, April 3, 2009

A Staph infection, stomach bug and an award

The Boy got a staph infection in his thumb earlier in the week. He was complaining that his thumb was sore when I picked him up from school but it was just a little bit red so I didn't think much of it. At about 9pm that night he woke crying and his thumb had a yellow pusy bit next to the nail. He was crying for about an hour before I could get him back to sleep. It was not nice. He woke up in the morning and came out "Why's my thumb all got yellow on it." A trip to the doctor to drain it and some antibiotics and everything seems pretty good now.

Today we had huge thunderstorms, the rain just pounded down right at the time I had to take Little Girl to speech. Just after we got there The Boy's teacher rang - he's been vomting at school. Luckily I could get onto Hubby who went and picked him up. He seems OK now, we're going out to a friends tonight, we'll see how he feels when the time comes otherwise Hubby will be staying home. Good news though Little Girl is going on another break from speech because she's doing so well. We'll probably need to go back after she's 8 to do some intensive work on her s.

Donna Duncombe aka mouse, designer, scrapbooker, crafter, mummy, blogger gave me this award a few weeks ago. I know I'm slack and I was totally flattered but working out 15 blogs was way too hard, and I'm going to confess I'm going to break the rules ... sorry. I just want to say thank you Donna, and I'll send you off to just a few blogs.

1. Tamara's Twitterings - One very busy lady, great photos, layouts and lots of stories. Make sure you scroll down and read the story of her son's illness, here and here, you might need a hanky.
2. Brooke - A new blog for me, had a fun pencil poem on today, the cutest header and plenty of craft.
3. My Life 365 - Doing great with her project365. Wonderful, interesting photos and layouts too.
4. Amandac - Another project 365 participant ... I'm tempted to pick mine up again.
5. Reading Adventures - Constant reviews and recommendations for reading, and a challenge enthusiast.



"The Dardos Award is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web."

“Premio Dardos” means “prize darts” in Italian. This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day.


The rules are:

1. Accept the award, post it in your blog together with the name of person granted the award and his or her blog link.

2. Past the award to 15 other blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgement. Remember to contact them to let them know they have been chosen for this award'

7 comments:

Amandac said...

Awww thanks for my award Mel!! That is really sweet of you.

So sorry to here about the boy's infected finger though, poor little man!

You know you can start up your P365 any time you want to - there aren't any real rules. Or you might like to consider a P 52 (just one photo a week) or even some people like a Project 12! Lots less pressure! LOL

Martencja Designs said...

oooo how poor little boy...it is good news that he feels better.

Marg said...

My son had a staph infection last year on his leg and it was horrible!

Thanks so much for the award!

tamara said...

Thank you Mel for my award. I love coming to your blog and must make an effort to comment more. I hope your family are all well today.

Nia- foot infection said...

Your website is inspiring and very informative. You've done a really great job with your posts. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!