Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gentleman's Collection

I was really slack for February and didn't actually start my CT layouts for the month until the last week. It didn't help that before I could even download the kits from the shop I had to make room on my hard drive ... I ended up just doing a quick move to DVD's and delete for some old layouts but it really is only a short matter of time before I'll have to do a proper cleanup.

Anyway, my second kit this month was Gentleman's Collection by Graphics Illusions. I picked it because I knew I wanted to get some of the photos of My Big Girl and her obsession with all sorts of creatures scrapped and I figured the colours would be a good fit. It also has the magnifying glass which I put to good use. So even though the kit is probably geared more to mature men's layouts, it has worked fabulously with these photos.

I think I've blathered on enough now ... onto the kit. The papers are in browns, greens and greys and there is a wonderful selection of wordgrained frames. The magnifying glass is included and comes with intructions to use it for text effects. Also included are brass fittings, notepaper and twill tape. This is a good all round useful kit for masculine pages.

Here's the first page of the spread, including some of The Big Girls finds

and these are some of the lizards she's found while down at Pt Lonsdale. The blue tongue lizard was about 20cm long and pretty scary. She's holding one of the smaller skinks in the photos.

4 comments:

mikelinz said...

Good use of the kit. Love your daughter's critters!

Joy said...

Great LOs - your daughter is braver than me - not sure I'd be touching all those things!!

Ellie said...

Your layouts are great! You've got great photos!

Di Heuser said...

I love layouts that tell a story.

Your daughter will look back at this while she is showing her kids - great memories.

Love your blog.