Saturday, February 28, 2009
... and my layouts:
Thursday, February 26, 2009
The Moon Shines Down by Margaret Wise Brown
The manuscript for this story by Margaret Wise Brown, the author of Goodnight Moon, was found after sitting for decades in a dusty trunk. The story is based on the
The brightly coloured illustrations by Linda Bleck are charming; my five year old son loved the “huge” moon that shone down on the children from all different countries. The cutest koala is the main character. We had great fun is searching him out on each page as he travels from land to land.
The story incorporates rhyme and repetition making it a good choice for preschoolers who love to follow along and join in some of the reading. It has become a popular bedtime selection at our house and I would recommend it for children aged 3-6 years old.
Monday, February 23, 2009
- The cupboards, filing cabinet and my hard drive all need a thorough clean out and declutter, and I also need to get our tax done.
- I want to get stuck into the family albums and get a few books printed.
- I love to read so I'll try to do a bit more of that now the kids are a bit more independent.
- On a related note I was accepted as a book review blogger so I'll be reviewing some books on my blog this year. Hopefully I'll have my first ready by tomorrow.
- I'm still CTing at nuts4digi and I'm continuing on Donna Duncombe' team as well.
- Hubby cleaned out the vege garden over summer so I hope to start planting soon.
- I'm going ahead with mentoring at a local high school, just waiting to be allocated someone.
- I took on leadership of our small group for this year as well.
- I'm also going to help out at the kids schools this year which will be easier now I don't have anyone at home. So tuckshop, reading and PMP here I come.