Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ladybird: Hot LO @ ES

I just noticed my title looks a bit like a text message ... I don't generally do text speak ... so to translate got HOT layout for 12/4 over at Elemental Scraps for this:We got out of the car to do the school pickup that day ... I think Big Girl was sick so that's why she was with me ... and she says "I found a ladybird". As we started to look around we saw that the grass was full of ladybirds, there would have been at least 15 just in the square metre around the door. Luckily I had my camera so I could capture the moment.

I used Donna Duncombe's Shine minikit available @ nuts4digi.com. Isn't it totally gorgeous? Someone commented in one of the galleries about my shadowing but I'm afraid I can't take credit, all the elements come both with and without shadows and I used the shadowed elements on this layout. Yep, all the hard work was already done for me, I just had to do the shadows for the paper.
If you like the layout, I've made a template, you can download HERE.

8 comments:

JanMary said...

Sweet layout - we saw very few ladybirds here in Ireland this year.

Jennifer W. said...

I love the LO - so simple and pretty.

TLC Designs said...

Beautiful layout! I love the simplicity of it and the use of white space! Great job :)

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 08 Dec [LA 09:00pm] - 09 Dec [NY 12:00am, UK 05:00am, OZ 04:00pm] ).

Flora said...

gorgeous page melissa..congrats and thanks for the template:)

splummer said...

Hi!
Beautiful layout! You made a comment at my blog today. It is on my Advent blog tour post. Thanks for stopping by.

Sherrie

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 10 Jan [LA 09:00pm] - 11 Jan [NY 12:00am, UK 05:00am, OZ 04:00pm] ).

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Kit(s) post on Jan. 27, 2009. Thanks again.