Friday, December 5, 2008

Brown Paper packages ... and finally November's Mosaic

A number of years ago I bought a huge roll of white paper that I used to use to wrap whatever presents we had ... sometimes it was plain, other times I got the kids to decorate it. We also had a steady stream of paintings brought home from kinder which I also used for wrapping paper. Now don't call me cheap here ... it seemed a waste to throw out all those paintings ... but how many pieces of A5 paper covered in various paint splotches ... and the kids seemed proud to have their paintings displayed like this. Anyway The Boy is not a prolific artist, he's done some paintings but my supply of wrapping paper as dried up, and my roll of white paper has run out too.

I was wandering the aisles of Officeworks the other week and found this ...
a 70m roll of brown paper for $20. I know it's not quite as cost effective as free paintings from kinder but teamed with a pretty ribbon from my box ... makes an attractive wrapper for our Christmas presents. Which ties in nicely with HSMSHS prompt GIFT.
OK the ribbons came from presents we've been given ... you can call me cheap now ... I call it environmentally friendly ... you know recycling and all that.

I've been a bit slow uploading my photos for November, in fact I still have a heap from the girls athletics day ... continuous shooting always seems like a good idea at the time ... I did delete a whole heap but there's still a heap there. I finished uploading my project365 photos for November today, I missed one day this month, which is the first day I missed. Here's November's mosaic.

7 comments:

Melanie aka Mom_of_5 said...

Not cheap at all!! I think it is very creative and sounds like some of the things I do around here. Have a nice day!

Diana said...

Great idea! I have also chosen cheap wrapping for my gifts!

Diana said...

to answer your question about a wrapping theme - yes I do, last year I made and decorated loads of calico bags and put my gifts in these I made large and small and it used up some of my mountain of fabric!

Lori said...

Hey this is so cool! I am so glad I clicked on your blog. I just intercepted DHs gift today adn I want to wrap it so he cant open it till the big day but I have no paper. This blog reminded me of teh big roll the kids have for their easel! Thanks!

angie said...

Nice classic looking gift... looks fab, and not at all cheap- good on you recycling :o)

Igotmebabe said...

I love brown paper packages, great shot for the gift prompt
Janette

Photographing Mom said...

Very creative and kudos on the recycling!!!