Sunday, November 16, 2008

This weeks verse: James 4:13

Now listen you who say "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money" Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow.
James 4:13

This was from Thursday and I didn't write down much to go with it. I really don't have much to add now either, just thought it appropriate for the times.

I'm really excited to see what God has planned in our church for the coming year. This year has been a strange and wonderful year for me, God has really spoken to me through my personal bible reading and then he backs it up with teaching at church. So early in the year God challenged me to expand my idea of who He is, to basically let him out of the box I had put him in. Not long after that we had a teaching series God of Mystery which expanded and confirmed what I had been thinking about. Of course God wasn't yet finished and the next major thing that started to pop up was a sense of community, what the church should/could be and wouldn't you know that the next sermon series was Love, Love, Serve which basically looked at a lot of the things I had been thinking about.

Anyway through all this I'd come to the conclusion that the church will only be what God intends when the individual people listen to God, care for each other and get serious about it. Most important was that I do it, that I need to start with myself ... although I have tried to drag Hubby along with me. The thing is I know I'm easily distracted, get bored, lazy, tired, discouraged ... but God is not letting me go ... he keeps pulling me up, pushing me on.

So why am I excited? Well if God has been working on me, he has been working through Alan I'm sure he's working in a similar way through other people in our church, I'm excited to see what he will do, what our church could be.

No comments: