Friday, November 21, 2008

I have been scrapping and The Boy has his uniform

First up my layout for the template challenge on ChrissyW's blog. She runs two challenges a month and gives out a free template each time, definitely worth checking out. I won a voucher to her store with this layout. I'm generally fairly matter of fact with my journaling ... you know, just tell the story ... but I tried to get a bit more of the feelings as well with this one ... I think I like it. Journaling:
Walking by the river
Take our time
Treasures to be found
Seed pods and leaves
Fallen on the ground
To you they’re special
Fascinating
Beautiful
You help me see
You help me feel
Wonder again.
Credits: HERE


My second layout is for this weeks Hodge Podge challenge. It also uses a template given out on the blog. So here's the 5 things I'm most grateful for. The last three aren't in any order ... I love you all the same ... I really do.
Full credits HERE

Most of the product is from Donna Duncombe's Joyful Season available @ nuts4digi.com. This is a great kit, I also used it on my Christmas cards.
This morning we went to get The Boy's school uniform for next year. At first he didn't want to try it on but I threatened to run off with his DS so he decided to cooperate. First were his shorts and shirt. They have a new style shirt that is worn hanging out. The Boy is not very big for his age and we have the smallest shirt they stock but it is still quite big ... only about 2 inches of his shorts peak out from under the shirt and the shorts are almost down to his knees ... at least they fit. He has a polar fleece and socks with the school colours as well. He was getting into it by now and said I could wait outside the changeroom while he put on the sport uniform. I think he'll get a few years out of it ... there's a bit of growing room. After such a reluctant start he then informed me that he was going to wear the trakky daks and sport top home ... so we did a stop at Hubby's work to show him ... it's hubby's old school so there's a bit of history ... Hubby got to reminisce about his trips to Bob Stewarts (that's the uniform shop) ... and the sport uniform is now christened with some pie and tomato sauce.I got a photo a of the mummy bird sitting on her two eggs ... I ended up having to use my zoom ... she's a bit skitish and tends to fly away when I point the camera her way. A camera shy pigeon?

No comments: