Sunday, November 9, 2008

Heb11-13

This weeks journal entry is actually from 28th Oct because I was away last weekend so I'm doing 2 weeks at once.
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let
us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and
let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
Heb 12:1
I find it very easy to get distracted and bogged down in in life and all the details and distractions can crowd out God's plans in my life. I need to throw off busyness and laziness and keep going with what God puts in front of me each day. Sometimes it can seem like I'm going nowhere but it's worth persevering.

Lord God, help me to recognise the things that stop me from doing your will and help me to persevere even things get tough or even just when it seems like I'm not getting very far.


Today at church we had a pastor swap between the churches of Blackburn Nth so David from One Community came to speak at our church and our pastor went to speak at the Anglican church. There are fairly strong ties between the three churches, especially since we get together each year to put on the Whitehorse Carols by Candlelight together. In the lead up we do a pastor swap and today was the day. David mentioned how powerful it was for the community to see us working together and to see that we serve one God and we are working toward one purpose which is to see his will be done in our local communities. I think God honours that when his people work together for his purposes. I have always considered myself a Christian who goes to a baptist church and I know many people within the church who don't hold that strongly to a particular denomination. The funny thing is it is people outside the church who tend to get hung up on denominations and I often find myself saying no I'm Christian, and trying to explain that the basic beliefs are the same. As far as I'm concerned if you're preaching the Jesus of the bible and doing His will I'll be cheering you on and supporting you no matter what "brand" you are.

We had a fairly quiet day today. Took the kids down to the park for some bike riding and scootering and just pottered around home. Started my calendars and did the photo shoot for my Christmas cards. Of course that ended up pretty crazy, so I hope I got something decent. I'll probably share them tomorrow after I've had a chance to sort through them.

1 comment:

Mousey said...

Yep, I'm with you. I'm a Christian who currently attends an AOG church. I've attended lots of different denominational churches throughout the years. At the core we are all the same.