Sunday, October 26, 2008

He's Home!! and Ps119:32

Just been watching Australian Idol and Kyle says to Wes " I can't just keep licking you like a mother cat each week" ... what the?



and then on Roshani's outfit "looks like the dog attacked the takeaway chicken wrapper" ... now I get that one.



... anyway back to our regular programming.



Hubby is home after 2 weeks overseas. Hugs all round.

I did a bit of a disappearing act this afternoon, I needed a bit of a break from the kids and it gives Hubby a chance to get back into the daddy space. Just waiting for the kids to settle down now so we can catch up just the two of us. It's good to have him home again.

My journal entry this week is from Friday - Ps119:32

I run in the path of your commands,

for you have set my heart free.

So often Christianity is portrayed as a whole heap of rule following to gain heaven which is so wrong. This verse really put in words how it is for me. I'm eagerly trying to follow God's ways, not a forced obedience but a joyful response to God's love for me, celebrating the freedom to strive towards what God has created me to be.

1 comment:

michellewaite1 said...

I am glad your dh is home. My dh works swing shift and I get evenings with the kids alone. I cannot imagine if he traveled.
Great verse.