Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dream Festival and other things

We went to the Dream Festival on Saturday a free art and music festival on the Yarra river. We checked out the art first.

I loved these ...
titled Field of Dreamers ... rows and rows of these white figures. The single "eye" is a mirror and reflected various things depending on the angle - other dreamers, the city
Then there were these giant inflatable artworks floating on the Yarra, with a walkway to view them.
We crossed the river where they had two stages set up with live music. When we got there Rosie Burgess was playing - I liked her, My Big Girl enjoyed her too.
We lazed around on the lawn listening to the various acts. Hubby said it bought back memories of lunch times at uni. The kids had icecreams and I had a plate of dutch pancakes - YUM, with the biggest dollop of cream (double yum).

While we were there we heard the NAB songwriting competition winners, Diafrix (hip hop) and The Audreys. They also gave away red inflatable guitars. When the Boy started to go all rockstar with his we decided it was probably time to head home.


I've been scrapping too. My Big Girl for the ChrissyW template challenge.


I came across this in a post by Kathy which summed up so much of what I feel about being a parent:
parenting them, now that’s the hard part. it’s the part where i am faced with my humanity, my selfishness, my pride, my tendency to want everything to be as good as it can possibly be. but in that same breath, it’s also the place where i am faced with the magnitude of how much love resides in my heart, how much i am willing to give up for those little people’s sakes, and how deep my desire is for their well-being. parenting, a little like marriage, is the place where the sum total of all my ugliness & all my goodness somehow collide & i learn more about myself, other people, God, than i ever bargained for.

Read the rest of the post here.

I think that's all for now.

4 comments:

Len said...

Oh wow! I absolutely love Field of Dreamers and those floating art works! Thanks for sharing :) And gorgeous layouts too! Love your photos as well :)

michellewaite1 said...

Great layouts and it looks like you had a great time.

Eve said...

That looks like fun!! Love the LO's also!!

Christina Brady said...

Love the Lo's and my goodness wish I could have gone to that festival. Looked like it was fun