Monday, October 13, 2008

Can't blame it on the kids

This morning I decided to go for a run so I took my key off my keyring and put it in my pocket, so far so good. Get home, go inside. Later in the morning I had to go to a local HS to finish my mentor training. It went well by the way and looks like I'll start in the next few weeks if all goes to plan - I just have to get my WWCC (working with children check).

I got back from school went to go inside the house and realised I didn't have my house key. Hubby is overseas so I can't drop down to work and get his key. What's a girl to do? I broke in. I'm not going to share how I did it, let's just say it required a small amount of force and I didn't break anything. Anyone out there thinking of breaking into our house we do have an alarm and I use it - so don't.


Anyway it comes time to go out to pick up The Boy from kinder and I remembered I needed to get the key but I couldn't remember where I left it, so I ran around the house frantically searching - of course I didn't have heaps of time to look.


Then I thought maybe it's in my trackie daks, but they're in the washing machine which is currently in the middle of the rinse cycle. So I get it to stop wait for the door lock to go off and start pulling out clothes, but I get to the bottom and no key. So now I've got a pile of wet clothes, times ticking away and I've still got no keys.


I pile the washing back in, started the rinse cycle again and rush off to do a more thorough search of the house. The third search of our dining room table (don't ask) yields the house key, but of course by this time I've forgotten where I put the car keys. More frantic searching then I remember they're on top of the washing machine, grab them and rush out to the car.


Unfortunately I had no kids home throughout this whole saga to blame it on - it's all me.


I'm thinking of doing this:

Anyone else interested?

8 comments:

Trish said...

Man that would have sucked so bad! That is the kind of thing I would do. Thanks for the link to Jessica's Stories In Hands

Ian and Christie said...

thanks for coming to my blog!! I'm subscribing to yours!

Christie

RobinW said...

sounds like something I'd do!!

Nathy said...

Sounds intersting :)

Angie (mighty-nice) said...

Ha, ha! Sounds like one of my days! My husband travels and we don't have any family in the area - I KNOW one of these days I'll realkly lock myself out of something!!

Angie (mighty-nice) said...

PS - Visiting via the DST blog train - you can visit me here: htpp://isladeangela.wordpress.com/

Clara said...

Geez - what a day! I'm glad it worked out for you in the end! That "Stories in Hand" looks interesting too!

Flora said...

wow that looks very interesting...thanks for the link will have to check it out..