Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The end of an era?

Life is changing – next year my baby (The Boy) goes to school. It’s something I’ve been looking forward to for a while now. Looking after preschoolers at home can be pretty draining and all consuming at times and to be honest where some people seem to be naturally drawn to young children that’s not really me. (You may be wondering why on earth I have three children - My Big Girl actually asked me that once). So after nearly 10 years with children at home next year between the hours of 8:30-3:30 I’ll be child free. People often ask what will you do with yourself – believe me I’ve got plenty of ideas.

Today I was walking back from the bakery and The Boy said “Can I help you carry the bread?”, of course I said yes. Looking down at his proud and determined face, his arms carrying the bread carefully in front of him, I felt a little sad. I’m still looking forward to this new phase in my life but it feels like time is speeding up. So today I took a deep breath, soaked in the sunshine and just enjoyed walking and talking with my little man.

2 comments:

Semi-Slacker Mom said...

Aren't little boys so sweet. I thought the girls were supposed to be the sweet, thoughtful ones, but at my house that's just the boy! Thanks for your comment & great pics!!

Martencja Design said...

o God! your word are soo beautiful...