Saturday, August 23, 2008

World Wide Photowalk

Today I took part in the World Wide Photowalk. In Melbourne we met at Southbank near the Swanston St bridge at 6:30am - yes you read that time correctly. Hubby was quite amused at me getting up for anything at that time. I roped in a good friend and my mum to come and keep me company. I left home at 5:40am and picked them up, we got there just as the sun was rising. Then we met the leader and had a group photo before we set off for a leisurely walk snapping photos. It was good just to do something totally different and not about the kids. Being winter it was freezing and by the end my hands and toes were feeling pretty sore. Somewhere along the way all the men in the group (including the leader) managed to get separated from the women so we didn't end up sitting down with everyone at the end for coffee and breakfast but the three of us had some yummy pancakes and a great chat afterwards for a couple of hours. Here's my photos from this morning - you can check out the set at flickr.

13 comments:

evitangel said...

wow - so great!

have a fab weekend!

Amanda said...

That sounds like fun!

Elouise82 said...

Beautiful! My uncle lives near Melbourne--after seeing thee pictures, I'm thinking I need to plan a trip out to visit him sometime!

Sounds like a fun excursion overall--even with the getting up too early part :)

Bev said...

Sounds like fun! glad you had a good time!

chantillylace said...

Neat photos. We have a Southbank in Brisbane too. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Stacey said...

This is great!!! What awesome photos.

Leigh said...

Those are some great photos you got! FAB!

Sara E said...

that sounds so cool... very neat way to start your morning

michellewaite1 said...

great photos, sounds like fun.

ME (A) said...

These pictures are wonderful.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will certainly return to yours.

myra said...

oh my goodness! there are 4 cities listed just a couple minutes from me. i am so disappointed that i didn't know about this. but i was at a work event anyway. your photography of the day is breathtaking. you've done a beautiful job. i met you through kelsey's blog train. it would seem that we have a lot in common with photography and digital scrapbooking. great to meet you!

Angela said...

Beautiful pictures! One day my husband and I are going to visit over there... it's on our Top 10 list!

Kelsey said...

What an absolute blast!