Wednesday, August 6, 2008

July RoundUp

I decided to start a monthly round-up, you can check it out at Katie the Scrapbook Lady's blog. I'm taking the idea and putting my own spin.

Photography

I started Project365 on 3rd July and managed to complete the whole month. From now on I probably won’t blog every photo but give a summary at the end of the month. July's photos:

I joined flickr but am still having trouble uploading and have so far only been able to upload by email which is a real pain. I desperately need to get up to date with my backups which I’ll be able to do now my DVD burner is fixed I need to remind hubby to bring home the EHD as well.

Scrapbooking

I finished 10 layouts this month:
2 layouts using Donna’s Cuteness kit.
3 layouts using Marg’s Whimsy (note to self: need to blog these)
1 Layout for the journalling challenge @ WST
and 2 double page layouts for our 2007 album.


Books

Riding the Buses by Rachel Simon (blogged here)
What’s So Amazing About Grace by Philip Yancey - a good book to read if you want to know a bit more about that one special thing that sets Christianity apart from other religions.
The Valentine Legacy by Catherine Coulter and Frederica by Georgette Heyer – 2 bits a entertaining fluff.
Flight of the Nighthawks and Into a Dark Realm by Raymond Feist - have to see if I can pick up the 3rd book in the series from the library.
The Confessions of St Augustine

Faith Lessons

This month a major theme that kept coming up through my bible reading was the contrast between a human viewpoint and God’s. I found myself asking questions:
Am I trying to gain the approval of people rather than man?
Is this just an act or am I letting God change what’s inside?
Is this really important to God or just me?
How does God see this person?
The thing is I want to be totally committed to God and his plans but I can’t help but recognise how flawed I am and how selfish, thankfully God gives us what we need and doesn’t mind using complete screw-ups.

Teach me your way, O Lord
And I will walk in your truth;
Give me an
undivided heart,
That I may fear your name.
Ps 86:11


Special times

We went to Falls Creek (Part 1 and Part 2) for a week in the school holidays and to Mt Buller for a day trip.

Hubby had his birthday. We also celebrated the birthdays of two nieces.


All the rest.

Entertained @ home three times this month.

Had the initial consultation with an architect for our house renovation.

4 comments:

afridigidiva said...

Going to check out the roundup.
Congrats on finishing your layouts.
Sounds like you have a ton of projects in the works! I'm looking forward to reading about the all.

lorig said...

Looks like you have had a full and busy month. Some of those pictures are very fun.

@}-- ruby --{@ said...

This is a cool idea to do roundups for all your months works. You are a busy lady :)

Monica@Dailydwelling said...

I just love this idea. I think I'll start doing this myself. I did a year in review album last year, but this is so much better! Thank you for sharing and inspiring me.