Friday, July 18, 2008

Why does the Sun Move?

The conversation on the walk to school to pick up the girls.
The Boy: Why does the sun move?
Me: The sun looks like it's moving because the earth is spinning.
The Boy: Ah ... (Puzzled look)
This is followed by a quick demonstration where he is the sun and I spin around being the earth day...night...day...night...
The Boy: Is our world spinning around.
Me: Yes like a little ball spinning around in big space.
The Boy: Is our world on a speck (Horton Hears a Who reference) because specks spin around.
Me: Yes just like that.
The Boy: Ah, our world's on a speck (skip)


and a photo: It Rained Today

11 comments:

Danielle said...

what a gorgeous photo!!

Barb said...

I love those cute conversations when our kids are trying so hard to understand how things work!

thumper6423 said...

I love those conversations and to hear how they work out things in their heads. Love the photo as well.

Welli Designs said...

stunning picture and what a cute conversation :-)

jaye said...

What a great conversation! I love it when they ask about the world around us (love it even more when I can answer the question). I find it makes me stop and take a different view of the world.

AngFab said...

Awwww...I love the conversation! I need to write these down myself, before they all slip away - great memories! Your photo is STUNNING!

Eve said...

I love conversations like that!! That photo is just amazing!

ScrapShana said...

great photo, and cute conversation!

Creative Junkie said...

LOVE that photo - W*O*W

and your conversation was just adorable!

Wookies Mama said...

I love conversations with the little ones. Very cute.

Clara said...

Gorgeous photo! Love that conversation too...