Friday, June 27, 2008

Turning my Brain Back On

There's nothing like sharing your faith to make you actually think about your faith and the assumptions we make about Christianity. I have a close friend who is looking at the whole faith/God issue and we have recently been having some great talks. She has some wonderful questions. I became a follower of Jesus 16 years ago at age 19 and asked some of the same questions then but over the years the answers have become vague. As I have experienced God in my life the intellectual reasons for a reasonable faith have receded into the background a bit and been replaced by thoughts of who God is, how He works in my life and who He wants me to be. The questions that concern a believer are often different to those of someone looking from outside faith. Luckily for me my friend is wonderfully gracious to me and puts up with my inarticulate ramblings as I try to put into words what I know in my heart. I'm really enjoying engaging in these conversations and I often go away and do some research on some of the questions to give to her later. Hubby would say I love this kind of thing (he's probably right) but I'd kind of let it slide a bit after I had the kids. I'm sure I'm learning just as much as my friend is.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

You are so right! Sometimes to grow ourself we have to help and share with others.