Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Some Native Birds

We live in a lovely area in Melbourne which is definately very urban but also has lots of trees and plenty of nice places to walk and great parks. So I can walk to great coffee and also to a bushy park with native birds. I went on a little walk last week to get a bit of practice with my camera (I've been a bit slack on my photography lately) and got these pics of some of the native bird life. The first two are of Rainbow Lorikeets and the last is a Kookaburra.

1 comment:

ACountryRose said...

Those are some gorgeous photos Mel. I grew up in Melb in the eastern suburbs, where there were plenty of those birds. I now live up near Ballarat and whilst I haven't seen the Eastern Rosella here, I do have the Crimson Rosella and the kookaburra. Have a great day. Hugs. Rose