Friday, June 20, 2008

Storytelling

I read this last night:

Come and listen, all you who fear God;
let me tell you what he has done for me.
Ps 66:16

Each month at church the newsletter has a wrap around section called NewHope Stories. It contains stories from people at our church about how God is working in their lives. They are quite varied from missionaries stories, baptism testimonies and heaps of others. Also the church was challenged at the start of the year to write our stories of how we found Jesus (mine here)and some these have been included as well. I love reading these stories, I find it so encouraging but also am always amazed at the ways God works. Sharing our stories and listening to others stories is a great way to encourage and build each other up in our faith and gain a better understanding of God as well.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I adore this verse it is one I memorized when I first became a Christian. It is so powerful.