Friday, June 13, 2008

Don't box Him in!

A little while ago I was reading Job and this verse jumped out at me:

Would you discredit my justice?
Would you condemn me to justify
yourself?
Job 40:8

It got me thinking how we can try to fit God into our ideals and how we can limit Him to something that is comfortable, that fits what we want to do or be. When we do this it is idolatry because we are worshipping a god of our own creation. God broke open the box I’d put Him in. God is so much more than we can comprehend and he works in our lives that we wouldn't expect. I knew these things in my head but they hadn't ben ingrained into my heart and soul. It was painful to really see myself and to begin to question many things that I took for granted. Sometimes we need our hearts broken. When God puts it back together we are a little more like Jesus. I’m excited about how He is revealing himself and how to follow Jesus. My God is an awesome God.

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom
and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgements,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
"Who has known the mind of the Lord?
or who has been his counselor?"
"Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay him?"
For from him and through him and to him
are all things.
to him be the glory forever! Amen
Rom 11:33-36

No comments: