Friday, March 28, 2008

Horton Hears a Who.


Took the kids to see Horton Hears a Who on Wednesday and it was great. The visuals are gorgeous - very Dr Suess. I went with five kids 10, 2X8, 6 and 4 and they all enjoyed it. I heard Hayley(8) laughing out loud during it. It was lots of fun and had a great message as well - doing what's right no matter the cost, the importance of all people "A person's a person no matter how small". I would highly recommend this film.
Hayley is full of all sorts of questions at the moment and of course had a question of "Why the kangaroo was the leader" Which was a good question from her point of view obviously the kangaroo is not the biggest or most powerful animal in the jungle. I had to explain that often leaders are just the ones that want to force people into their way and the mob follows because they don't think for themselves or they don't want to stand alone. A bit like girls in the school playground - LOL.

3 comments:

All-R-Free-4-Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
@}-- ruby --{@ said...

I've been hearing a lot of good things about this movie from my friends and colleagues who have watched it already and they're recommending that I bring my DD to see this show.

Ruby

~Steph said...

I think we're going to take my oldest this weekend.... he started asking this week!