Sunday, August 12, 2007

Purpose in life?

The next DID blog prompt is "What do you sense you're supposed to do before your life is over?"

Being a Christian I believe that God has a purpose for my life but in practical terms I'm still working through what that means. Being a mum I really believe one of my major purposes is to provide the right encouragement and environment for my kids to grow up into mature, capable and responsible adults. I pray that they will come to know Jesus and have their own faith, be able to make good decisions and have good relationships but I know that I can't make that happen but also that it is a major purpose in my life to help them on their journey.

I would also like to have made a difference to the people in the wider community, maybe not in a huge look at me way but just in those small things that over time can make a big difference.

3 comments:

Leenie said...

Oh great post Melissa! Makes you think doesn't it?

Flora said...

great answer melissa:)

Joy said...

Wow - very good answers - I think you will be leaving such a great legacy to your children!