Monday, August 20, 2007

How many houses have you lived in?

I'm running this weeks blog prompts at DID - hope I can keep a bit more up to date than last week LOL.

For my first one I thought I'd ask the question "How many houses have you lived in? Tell us about your favourite or worst and are you someone who likes to move often or not?"

So far I have lived in 3 houses. The first I only lived in for less than a year while Dad built our family home. I then lived in our childhood home until I got married. While we were there dad renovated twice and bought the blocks on either side as well. My mum's mum lived in her own house on the block next door so that was good to have a grandparent close when I was growing up. With the three blocks it made an acre of land so when we ere young there was plenty of room to play and we also lived next to the farm that was part of the school my sisters and I went to and a park with a playground. It really was your ideal family home.

When I got married we moved into a 1930's art deco weatherboard which is gorgeous but getting a little bit squeezy at the moment. We are hoping to renovate if the council will let us because we have a heritage overlay on our street. I'd hate to move beacuse I really love our area and we have a great backyard for the kids and I'm someone who hates to move house.


And now something completely silly "What Colour Crayon Are You"





You Are a Yellow Crayon


Your world is colored with happy, warm, fun colors.
You have a thoughtful and wise way about you. Some people might even consider you a genius.
Charming and eloquent, you are able to get people to do things your way.
While you seem spontaneous and free wheeling, you are calculating to the extreme.

Your color wheel opposite is purple. You both are charismatic leaders, but purple people act like you have no depth.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stopped counting at 30 homes (sad but true!)

Love your blog!

Lynn G

Mousey said...

I love having a big backyard for the kids. But I hate renovating LOL (says she who has been renovating for the last 6 years!)
oooer! I'm a yellow crayon too! LOL

Joy said...

Oh, your art deco house sounds great!