Wednesday, June 6, 2007

New layout and Traci Reed's CT call

This is a layout from our trip to New Zealand last year. I usually only post layouts that I do for my CT or challenges around the online galleries so I haven't posted this anywhere else. I'm going to apply for Traci Reed's CT team and this uses one of her templates so I figured I'd post it here so she can have a look. I love using double paged templates for my albums because it just brings them together really fast. Traci has a packs of really good double and single templates. ?I also have her laundry tags which I haven't got round to using on a layout yet but they are so cute! Anyway, enough rambling here's the layout.


Journalling: We visited Whakarewarewa thermal village at Rotorua in the afternoon. A villager mets us at the entrance and took us on a tour of the village explaining the traditional way of life. The village was settled to take advantage of the natural heating and cooking provided by thermal activity just below the surface. We saw the hangi meals cooking in natural steam vents and tried some corn cooked in the boiling mineral waters. Water overflowing from the cooking pool is drained into the communal baths further down the slope. By 5pm each day the water has cooled to a comfortable temparature and the villagers gather to bathe. We visited the Pohutu and Prince of Feathers geysers then finshed our tour at the Meeting house or Wahiao.

Credits: Template - Traci Reed Double Trouble Pack 1
Papers - Mdesigns ES carousel cutie challenge freebie, NRJ scrapartist fresh kit, Meredith Fenwick So Lovely, Jomi scrapartist In Vogue 2nd birthday freebie.
Stitching - Weeds and wildflowers celebrating colour @ scrapartist.com
Postage date stamps by Amber Clegg @ scrapartist.com
Flower - Weeds and wildflowers celebrating colour blog freebie.
Bracket - TracyAnn Project 26 @ scrapbook-bytes.com

No comments: