Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Scrapartists 2nd Birthday Bash

Scrapartist had their second birthday last weekend with heaps of chats, competitions and prizes. They gave out a gorgeous free kit to be used in some of the challenges. THey announced some new designers for their store. (Weeds and Wildflowers, Lauren Reid) My big news - I won prizes in two of the competitions. The first one was design a blinkie using their new logo and colours. I'd never done a blinkie before so it was a good opportunity to learn something new. It was actually much easier than I expected in PSE4 and I stuck with something fairly simple (below). So I won $20 voucher for the store - can't wait to go shopping.

The second prize was for a layout, what scrapartist means to me and the prize was - wait for it - a guest CT spot at scrapartist. I think I'm on in November - can't wait.

Credits - Everything from scrapartist's free birthday kit In Vogue.

They also had a fun altered doll challenge which had some great entries - check out the gallery:

Scrapartist altered doll challenge gallery

7 comments:

Trish Jones said...

Congratulations! I love your layout and your blinkie rawks too - i suck at blinkies LOL
how kewl that you won :)

Natalie said...

Ohhh how exciting that you won congrats

cindy_i_ said...

GOOD for you! You totally deserve that guest spot!

Monique said...

wow that's awesome! congrats on the wins! I personally took advantage of their sale, snagged some great organizing templates! have a great day!

Mandy said...

Congrats on winning the 2 prizes.
You will love being a guest CT member there. Everyone is really sweet.

Kell said...

Thats fantastic Mel!!! Congrats, your blinkie and LO look awesome so very well deserved :)

Toni said...

Awesome Mel - 2 prizes well done- love your blinkie and very excited to ready you made it in PSE - I thought you needed to be a PSCS'er to do that. Did you find a tutorial on how?