1. We begin the year with summer holidays, 3 weeks of beach holiday with my family.
2. Deciding to embrace some new experiences. The first one being a BIG BASH cricket game at the Geelong stadium.
3. Then White Night Melbourne.
4. Our trip to France with The Little Girl. This was her year 11 trip. There was some trepidation on booking as she was going through her difficult phase but she got over that in the year and was back to her friendly, happy, younger self by the time our trip came round.
5. France produced a number of highlights the first being our Food tour in Nice, which stretched from the promised 4hrs to 6+. Good food, drinks and great guide and group made for a wonderful start to our France holiday.
6. Spectacular mountain (above Saorge) and coastal (Calanques near Cassis) hikes.
7. Cheering Geoff in the Paris marathon.
8. Dinner at the Eiffel tower.
10. Introductory Hebrew and Greek. Memorising Hebrew vocabulary certainly tested the old brain cells.
11. Running 1517km, 148 hr.
12. All that running meant I explored more of Melbournes excellent network of trails.
13. Sub 50 min 10km. I finished Gold Coast 10K in 49:03,
14. Lots of running also translated into lots of socialising with our running club mates.
15. First half-marathon at Melbourne. Geoff completed his second marathon and THe Little Girl her first 10K.
16. Holiday in Noosa.
17. Noosa NP walk.
18. Gelato at Nitrogenie.
19. My second subject this year Mission in the Australian Context which was really relevant to our work with SHBCC faith community.
20. We also enjoyed seeing some of our dreams for our house come to fruition this year including Big Group BBQ's.
21. and hosting an international guest.
22. We were also heavily involved in our new Messy Church.
23. and a post-Alpha group.
24. Parkrun. The Little Girl and I did our first in 2017 but we became more involved as the year progressed now that there is a run closer to us. I also volunteered three times.
25. The Big GIrl turned 19, The LIttle Girl 17 and The Boy 15.
26. The Big Girl completed her first year of Science/Arts double degree at Monash.
27. The Little Girl very successfully completed Maths Methods 3/4, so one subject down for her VCE.
28. Working through a community exegesis for our SHBCC faith community for my uni subject.
29. Renting a house after Christmas at Ocean Grove for the first time.
30. My sister's wedding and the dress shopping, fittings, hen's party that goes along with that.
31. Awakening Australia with Ethan. His choice for his birthday weekend.
32. Skipping out on both the kids speech nights to go out for my birthday dinner.
33. Hubby started taking the odd weekdays off which meant fairly regular weekday lunch dates,
36. Ditching the squishy heavy running shoes for a rotation of very light shoes.
37. On our regular meal rotations for running night: Crockpot Thai Chicken Curry, Chicken Fajita Soup, Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with Jamie Oliver pasta sauce. We get home at about 8pm and need something quick smart.
38. Coles opening down the road. Discovered their fresh flatbread, plus easy access to Stone baked Pane di Casa.
39. We had our new finance manger start before Christmas.
40. Switching to XERO in June took a fair bit of my time.
41. Rediscovering Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies.
42. Reading 39 books.
43. Finally completing Raymond Feist's Riftwar Saga.
44. Starting to reread Katharine Kerr's Deverry Cycle.
45. Australia Re-imagined and The Hiding Place. Stayed with me after I'd finished reading.
46. The Boy had two broken fingers plus a Saturday night trip to emergency to check another hurt finger before his 7:30am departure to wilderness camp the next morning, luckily that time the finger was not broken.
47. Watching The Handmaiden's Tale series 2, Outlander Series 2, The Crown, Brooklyn 99, Lucifer.
48. Finishing a photobook for our 2017 Anniversary trip to Vietnam.
49. Uploading photos to our online albums back to 2011.
50. Family boardgames came back into our lives in December and we added a new one to the collection for Christmas - Space Base.